Monday, October 26, 2009

CLIMBING UP FROM LITERARY INFERIORITY

Who would expect a mere Criminology student once tagged wordy in all his articles, despised with all sorts of sarcastic impressions and critiques, would climb up to that much coveted literary excellence?

This was the question bombarding me after knowing the new set of appointed writers of Lakandiwa. I almost fell down the silent ground after knowing I was promoted to a new position in the Editorial Board. Dumbfounded and not expecting, I felt that gratifying relief, a rejuvenating comfort slowly easing my anxious thought--for I might remain in my old position I know very contemptuous for my unconventional writing skills--those that are yet to morph in their exceptional forms.

I was appointed as the new "Senior Editor for Literary Folio" last June 2009, when we had our publication's 33rd Lakanvention in Bantayan Island. I won various awards from last time's press conference which I know formed basis for my appointment. At least I have something to rebut whenever someone questions the credibility of my promotion.

I was deeply satisfied knowing that the efforts I've made to improve my skills in writing (particularly those exhausting nights I spent reviewing journalism and reading all sorts of literary works) ended up not futile, but well paid with pots of gold and silver. I simply arrived in that point of contentment after a painstaking endurance--my sufferings were made with a purpose. Indeed, life is all about sacrificing one's pleasures (once in a while) if we aim to achieve our self-actualization state.

Hopefully, I will realize the objectives attached in my new position in the publication, disregarding the hazards those short-term goals pose on my so idealistic thought. But simply, with all those books I could read on, my colleagues whom I could lean on whenever I'm jeopardized, and the encouragement my family never fails to serve hot in a silver plate, I can fulfill all the expectations anyone would from a senior editor.

Thank you Lakandiwa, for the new fantastic journey you have set me forth. Expect the worst out of me, for through then, my best would go out written in my articles, and in the most unexpected way.

No comments:

Post a Comment